Schools of Choice
2017-18 forms will be available soon.
Kelloggsville Public Schools 2017-18 Schools of Choice Program
Kelloggsville Public Schools participates in both the Kent Intermediate School District Schools of Choice and the 105c Schools of Choice plans. All students residing within the Kent Intermediate School District may apply for enrollment in any Kent ISD school that has available openings during the advertised time frame. Students who reside in a district that is within a different ISD which borders the Kent ISD, may apply under the 105c plan.
Important Schools of Choice & 105c Dates
• Applications accepted April 10 - May 12, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
• Schools of Choice Openings: 400 (K-12)
• 105c Openings: 5 (K-12) - - applications accepted April 10 – May 12, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
• Parents notified by May 22, 2017 if student accepted.
• Parents confirm decision to attend by May 31, 2017.
• Applications will be available on the first day of the opening timelines.
• Applications are not considered on a first come, first served basis.
• One application form per child, completed at your district of choice.
• Completed applications must be submitted to choice district no later than 4:00 p.m. on May 12, 2017.
Schools of Choice Polices & Regulations
- Transportation is not provided for Schools of Choice students. Parents must provide their own transportation.
- Kelloggsville Public Schools reserves the right of program and/or building assignment.
- The Michigan High School Athletic Association requires students in grades 10-12 to wait one semester after enrolling in a new district under Schools of Choice before participating in athletics.
- Enrollment may be denied to students who have been suspended, expelled, or convicted of a felony.
- Accepted students agree to comply with Choice district’s policies and enrollment guidelines.
- Once accepted, you will be allowed continuous enrollment in that district until graduation or until you withdraw.
- Michigan law and KISD Superintendents’ Association agree that siblings should be kept together in a single district whenever possible. As a result, siblings of current Choice students may receive preference in filling district openings.
If you have additional questions, please contact Beth Postma at 616-538-7460.