SOC Application - Spanish
105c Application - Spanish
The Kelloggsville School of Choice plan is designed to provide the best possible education for families who live outside of district boundaries but choose to transfer their students to our school district. Kelloggsville Public Schools participates in both the Kent ISD Schools of Choice and 105c State plans. Students who are non-residents of Kelloggsville Public Schools, but reside within the Kent ISD boundaries may apply for Schools of Choice enrollment based on available openings. Students who are residents outside the Kent ISD boundaries must apply under the 105c plan depending on available openings.
Important Schools of Choice & 105c Dates
- Schools of Choice applications accepted April 8 - May 31, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
- Schools of Choice Openings: 220
- 105c Openings: 2 -applications accepted May 6 – May 31, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
- Parents notified by June 14 if student accepted.
- Parents confirm decision to attend by July 1.
- Waiting list families notified about openings and confirm decision to attend July 2-8.
- One application form per child must be received at the Central Office of your first choice school district by 4:00 pm May 31, 2013.
- Questions should be directed to the Central Office of the first choice district.
- Your application will be forwarded to alternate choice districts if necessary.
- Do not submit separate applications to alternate choice districts in Kent ISD.
Schools of Choice Policies & Regulations
- One application per student, per year may be submitted to one school district. You may indicate a second choice and third choice on your application. (If you apply to more than one district you may be disqualified for all districts that year.)
- If more applications are received in a district than openings are available, there will be a random lottery drawing for all applications received prior to the deadline. If your application is not selected by your first choice district, they will automatically forward your application to your second and/or third choice districts.
- According to the Michigan High School Athletic Association students accepted into the Schools of Choice program who are in grades 10 – 12 will not be eligible to participate in sports for one semester – until the second half of the school year.
- Accepted students must agree to comply with choice districts policies.
- Transportation is NOT provided for Schools of Choice students. Parents must provide their own transportation to and from school for children accepted for enrollment through the Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Plan.
- After you are accepted, you will be allowed continuous enrollment in that district until graduation or until you withdraw from that district at which time you may return to your resident district.
- Waiting lists will be created at choice districts after the lottery/random draw and parents will be notified if spaces become available.
- Siblings of students previously accepted under the Schools of Choice Program will be assigned to open spots before a random draw begins.
- The only limit on movement between school districts for an applicant to the Kent ISD Collaborative Schools of choice Plan is the space available in the desired district and/or the Choice student’s suspension or expulsion record.
For more information contact Beth Postma 616.538.7460