The Kent County Community Action Agency is now accepting applications for gas (natural and deliverable), electric, housing assistance for rent/mortgage arrears or 1st month’s rent and City of Grand Rapids water assistance.
Interested applicants can call 616.632.7950 and follow the prompts.
Are you living.....?
In a shelter, car, park, abandoned building, campground, motel, bus/train station, or doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship?
Children attending grades K-12 have the right to....
- receive a free, appropriate public education
- enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents that are normally required
- enroll in the local school or continue at their school of origin (if feasible and determined to be in the best interest of the student)
- receive transportation to and from school of origin if needed and feasible
- receive educational services comparable to other children, according to their needs
Kent ISD schools use this form to help identify students in homeless situation as required by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Improvements Act, 42 U.S.C. 11435. Information that is given helps to determine the services that a student may be eligible to receive through our district/school Homeless Liaison.
For more information, please contact Kelloggsville's Homeless Liaison, Ericka Scott - 538-7460
Kent ISD Coordinator - Casey Gordon 616-365-2337
MI State Coordinator - Pam Kies-Lowes 517-541-1162
NCHE Rights Postershttp://center.serve.org/nche/pr/er_poster.php#parent