How will students meet with their teacher & do their coursework?
Each student will be given a Chromebook to use for their online learning. We recommend that students use this Chromebook instead of any personal devices in the home. This will help our staff troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
This learning is mandatory! Attendance will be taken every morning and every afternoon. To be considered present, a student must either participate in a Google Meet or Zoom session with their teacher or turn in a completed assignment. This must be done for both the a.m. and p.m. sessions. If a student is unable to attend a Google Meet or Zoom session, they must turn in an assignment to be considered present. Students not meeting this requirement will receive an unexcused absence for that part of the day.
Daily Coursework Details
- We are asking students to spend approximately around 3 hours a day on their schoolwork.
- Students will have assignments in language arts, math, science and social studies through the Odysseyware platform.
- Students will be expected to read independently on a daily basis through Raz-Kids.
- Elementary counselors will provide helpful links that can be found on the teacher’s Clever page. To schedule an appointment with the school counselor, please use this link.
- Each teacher will have office hours to help students with their work.
- Contact your child’s teacher through your child’s school email address, not your personal email address.
- Technical issues- if you have technical issues, please start by calling or emailing your child’s teacher. If they cannot help you, there will be a referral to a staff member that can!
The Daily Schedule All students have been taught to login to their Chromebooks by using their Clever Badge. Once on Clever, students will go to their teacher’s classroom area where the teacher will list the day’s assignments, as well as the schedule for class meetings with students via Google Meet or Zoom.
Additional Google Meet or Zoom meetings will be scheduled for those students who receive additional support through special education, English Language Learners or Reading Interventions. The days and times of these meetings will also be found on the teacher’s Clever page.