How will students meet with their teacher & do their coursework?
Each student will be given a Chromebook to use for their online learning. We recommend that students use this Chromebook instead of any personal devices in the home. This will help our staff troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
This learning is mandatory! Attendance will be taken every morning and every afternoon for Young 5’s and morning or afternoon for ECSE. To be considered present, a student must either participate in a Google Meet or Zoom session with their teacher or turn in a completed assignment. For Young 5’s, this must be done for both, the a.m. and p.m. All classes will have 2 scheduled virtual meetings, this includes AM and PM ECSE. Your teacher will let you know the times these meetings are scheduled. Students not meeting this requirement will be considered as unexcused for that part of the day.
Daily Coursework Details
We are asking young 5’s students to spend approximately 2-3 hours a day on their schoolwork; including the time they are in meetings with their teachers, in therapy sessions and a suggested 20-30 minutes of physical activity each day. ECSE students should spend 1.5-2 hours a day on their schoolwork; including the time they are meeting with their teacher, in therapy sessions and a suggested 20-30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Young 5’s and ECSE students will need adult support to complete their work.
- Students will have virtual meetings, work pages, and assignments pushed out through SeeSaw.
- Young 5’s students should log in to ABC Mouse and SeeSaw daily
- ECSE students should log into SeeSaw daily
- Each teacher will have office hours to help students with their work.
- Technical issues-if you have technical issues, pelas start by calling your child’s school for assistance. The phone number is 616-532-1585. You will be directed to the teacher or another staff member for help.
- If you need to email the teacher, please use your student’s email address to send any emails.
Daily Schedule: Young 5’s
Each morning, students should login to their Chromebook by using their Clever Badge. Young 5’s students have already been taught how to do this at school. Students will have a morning virtual meeting with their teacher at a scheduled time. After that meeting, students will work in their work packets and in the programs on their Clever page. They will also have assignments to do in SeeSaw that they will need to complete and submit. In the afternoon, there will be another virtual meeting and assignment at a scheduled time. If your child has any itinerant services (speech, social work, PT or OT) those will be scheduled with the provider.
The Daily Schedule: ECSE
|8:45-9:15 Morning Circle Time||12:45-1:15 Afternoon Circle Time|
|9:15-10:00 Play Time At Home||1:15-2:00 Play Time At Home|
|10:00-10:30 2nd Circle Time||2:00-2:30 2nd Circle Time|
|10:30-11:00 Complete 2 Centers||2:30-3:00 Complete 2 Centers|