School of Choice
Kelloggsville Public Schools 2022-23 Schools of Choice Program
The 2022-23 Kelloggsville Public Schools application window for Schools of Choice will open on April 11, 2022. All students residing within the Kent Intermediate School District may apply for enrollment in any Kent ISD school that has available openings during the advertised period.
Important Schools of Choice Dates
- Applications accepted April 11 - May 13, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
- Schools of Choice Openings: 500 (K-12)
- Parents notified by May 27, 2022, if the student is accepted.
- Parents confirm the decision to attend by June 03, 2022.
- English Applications: https://bit.ly/SOC_english
- Spanish Applications: https://bit.ly/SOC_Spanish
- Or at our Administration Office during regular business hours: 242 52nd Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49548.
- Applications will be available on the first day of the opening timelines.
- Applications are not considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One application form per child, completed at your district of choice.
Schools of Choice Polices & Regulations
- Transportation is not provided for Schools of Choice students. Parents must provide their own transportation.
- Kelloggsville Public Schools reserves the right of program and/or building assignment.
- According to the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) students accepted into the Schools of Choice program who are in grades 10-12 will not be eligible to participate in sports for one semester – until the second half of the school year.
- Enrollment may be denied to students who have been suspended, expelled, or convicted of a felony.
- Accepted students agree to comply with Choice district’s policies and enrollment guidelines.
- Once accepted, you will be allowed continuous enrollment in that district until graduation, until you withdraw, or until you reside outside of Kent ISD, at which time you may return to your resident district.
- Michigan law and KISD Superintendents’ Association agree that siblings should be kept together in a single district whenever possible. As a result, siblings of current Choice students may receive preference in filling district openings.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Not sure if you live in our district? Here is our district boundaries map.