The Kent County Community Action Agency is now accepting applications for gas (natural and deliverable), electric, housing assistance for rent/mortgage arrears or 1st month’s rent and City of Grand Rapids water assistance.

 Interested applicants can call 616.632.7950 and follow the prompts.

Need Help?  
Immediate housing and shelter assistance in Kent County - Call 211

Nearest Food Pantry

Food Resources - List of different organizations in West Michigan that can provide food resources.
The Bridge - Arbor Circle (Youth shelter)   616-451-3001
Kent County Health Clinics
National Runaway Safeline    1-800-RUN-AWAY
Mel Trotter Women & children's shelter

Are you living.....?
In a shelter, car, park, abandoned building, campground, motel, bus/train station, or doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship?

Children attending grades K-12 have the right to

  • Receive a free, appropriate public education
  • Enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents that are normally required
  • Enroll in the local school or continue at their school of origin (if feasible and determined to be in the best interest of the student)
  • Receive transportation to and from school of origin if needed and feasible
  • Receive educational services comparable to other children, according to their needs


Kent ISD schools use this form to help identify students in homeless situation as required by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Improvements Act, 42 U.S.C. 11435.   Information that is given helps to determine the services that a student may be eligible to receive through our district/school Homeless Liaison.  


For more information, please contact Kelloggsville's Homeless Liaison

Ericka Scott   616-538-7460

Kent ISD Coordinator - Casey Gordon  616-365-2337
MI State Coordinator - Pam Kies-Lowes 517-541-1162